Wednesday, August 31, 2011

36 Weeks

Today was my 36 week prenatal checkup. All is good! I am 3cm dilated, 50% effaced and the head is very low. This past Saturday I lost some of my mucous plug, so things are moving along and I am hoping all this work my body is doing pre-labor will make for a quick labor/delivery. I have braxton hicks contractions every 30mins-1hour since losing my plug.

I also had an ultrasound today. The baby is measuring nearly 3 weeks bigger than my dates, and he is already estimated to weigh 7 lbs 12 oz. If I stay pregnant 3 more weeks (until induction date) assuming his weight estimate today is close, that would make Baby Brother just about the same birth weight as his Big Brother, somewhere between 9-10 lbs. Yikes.

Emerick was so funny during the ultrasound. He was very concerned about me laying on the table, and what they were doing to my belly. He
blurted out cute things during the scan like "look, a riber!" (river), "look the ocean!" and then when there were two images up on the screen at once he yelled "two baby brothers!". When there were colors on the screen (bloodflow) he yelled out "Blue Baby Brother!" and "Green Baby Brother!" He was very excited...he loves ultrasounds because he gets to "Watch Baby Brother" AND get a lollipop
:-)




No comments: