Friday, September 19, 2008

{handmade}

I love arts & crafts, scrapbooking...all that stuff! Emerick is a lucky little guy to have lots of handmade things. Here are a couple of pictures of things people have made for him. These blocks that spell out his name were given to me at my shower, and were made by his "Auntie Mimi" (my best friend Megan) I LOVE them. I can't wait to incorporate them into a newborn photo of him :) If I am still pregnant this weekend, I might have James take a belly picture of me holding these blocks too!


This 1st year album was made by a client of mine, Joanna. When I saw that she makes these I asked her to make one for Emerick. I LOVE it. It came out perfect. It is made with a paper bag, and has little slots inside to store keepsakes, and comes with insert cards to document all of Emerick's milestones in the 1st year. I can't wait to fill it up. I will have to post pictures of the finished album a year from now.







2 weekends ago, James and I made this plaster cast of my belly. I think it is a really cool way to preserve this pregnancy, and always remember what I looked like pregnant.





Emerick has lots of other handmade things, including an ADORABLE knitted beanie made by a super talented photographer in Australia. I will post a picture of Emerick wearing it as soon as he comes out, which SHOULD BE any day now!

No comments: